Before visiting a foreign country, you should ensure that all your travel concerns are addressed. Please visit for any questions you may have before you travel.

Here are a few of the most common questions my office receives that deal with passports:

How can I renew my existing passport?

If you already have a passport that is not damaged, was issued in the past 15 years, was received after your 16th birthday, and has your same name or you can document your name change, you can apply for a passport renewal by mail.

For more information on renewing your passport, visit the Passport Renewal Page at the U.S. Consular Affairs Web Site.

Can I request an expedited passport?

Yes. For an additional $60, it can take up to 12 weeks from the day an application is submitted to the day a new passport is received. The 12-week timeframe includes up to 6 weeks for processing and up to 6 weeks for mailing times on the front and back end.

For more information on expediting processing, visit the Expedited Service Page at the U.S. Consular Affairs Web Site.

Unfortunately, due to an influx of passport renewal requests that the State Department is receiving, my office can only respond to constituents that are within 7-10 days of travel. If you are in this time frame, please fill out my Authorization Form or call my Baltimore office at 410-685-9199.